There are many perks to redesigning the exterior of your home and when done right, this is an investment that will last you for many years to come. A beautifully designed home exterior is going to carry you into the future if and when you decided to sell.
And when done right, your home will blend nicely with the other homes in the neighborhood while having that special something that sets it apart from the others. That special something that makes it stand-out from the crowd, greatly increasing its curb appeal and value.
If you're ready to redesign the exterior of your home and you're ready to do it right, making this a long-term investment, NOVA Home Improvements is ready to help.
Exploration of Siding Types
Before you can get started with the installation of new siding, it's time for the fun part – selecting the materials. These are the available siding types when redesigning your home's exterior with NOVA Home Improvements:
- Vinyl Siding: This siding type is a top choice for homeowners for several reasons. First of all, vinyl siding is a cost-effective solution. It's available in a wide-selection of styles and colors to choose from, which makes browsing through various color and style combinations exciting and fun. You can create just about any look with this type of siding and you can get creative with colors.
Whether you prefer to go for a more classic, traditional look, you'd like something modern and chic, or you'd like something that really pops in the neighborhood, you can achieve the look you desire with vinyl siding. Additionally, this type of siding will last you for many years to come and is easy to maintain.
When the siding is in need of cleaning, you could hire a professional to pressure wash the siding or you could take a garden hose to rinse minor airborne dirt and dust. This option is also a durable option as it is difficult to scratch or dent.
There's no need to paint or sand vinyl siding and in the event that an area of the siding is in need of a repair, repairs are easy to do without affecting the rest of the home's existing siding. Not to mention that installation is a cinch, which adds to this type of siding's cost-effectiveness.
- Fiber Cement Siding: If you're interested in a type of siding with a similar appeal and appearance to traditional cedar siding shingles minus the cost and all of the work that goes into maintenance of cedar, consider the benefits of James Hardie siding boards. This type of siding offers the same visual effects as cedar, but it holds up longer minus the need for frequent maintenance.
James Hardie shingles are highly-resistant to common traditional cedar issues such as splitting, rotting, and cracking. It's completely durable and truly stands the test of time. They're also easy on the wallet and won't break your budget when redesigning the exterior of your home, giving it the makeover it deserves.
When you opt for the Hardie shingles, you'll choose from classic traditional colors that deliver a feeling of warmth and comfort. Additionally, this type of siding has the ability to withstand Virginia climatic changes such as extreme moisture and humidity issues that may affect other types of siding. The Hardie shingles are thick, durable and capable of withstanding wind speeds up to 150mph and can take a beating from falling branches and/or hail.
- Exterior Trim: When giving the exterior of your home a makeover and a much-needed upgrade, this process is nowhere near complete without the addition of beautiful, quality exterior trim. When it comes to exterior trim, NOVA Home Improvements has all of your needs covered. Working alongside of one of our experts, you'll choose from a selection of accent trim for your home's doors, windows, and edges to make the home's new look complete.
Adding in a little or a lot of trim will help to set the look of the home off and puts the finishing touch on things. We offer a variety of PVC trim available from both NOVA Home Improvements and Azek. Your home's new trim will have the same look and feel as wood, only it's not wood. Instead, it's made from a cellular material which is resistant to all of the things that tend to attack a wood exterior. It's completely rot resistant, termite resistant, and it's even fire resistant.
The interesting thing about PVC trim, is that it's so easy for our team to install that there's no need for special tools to complete the installation. All the team has to do is trim and cut the cellular material until it fits. Other available additional options from NOVA Home Improvements include a selection of moulding and various types of finishing pieces to complement your home's lovely new appearance.
When you're ready to get started on your home makeover project, contact the professionals of NOVA right away to begin selecting your siding and exterior trim options. Feel free to visit us in-person, or to contact us online or over the telephone to set up your complementary estimate.
When feeling a little lost regarding which type of siding to choose, cost, or color schemes, that's what our team is here for – to help you make the selection that will meet your personal needs and your budget needs.
We'll make sure that in the end, your home's new appearance is a long-term investment and one that you'll be proud of. Contact us as soon as you're ready to learn more or to get started.
- Silver Spring,
- Chevy Chase,
- Aspen Hill,
This serves as a guide to a typical siding and trim installation. Your project may vary depending upon the specific work contracted.
- You will receive a call from the front office to receive a start date for your project.
- If you have any valuables hanging on your walls, please take care to remove them as they may become unstable in the construction process.
- Remove existing aluminum siding, lights, numbers, mailboxes etc.
- Inspect for rotted wood and replace at $4.00 per square foot.
- Where necessary, install a foundation sealing system to prevent air and insect penetration.
- Install heavy duty mounting systems for all lights, hose bibs, electrical outlets, exhaust vents and dryer vents.
- Install NOVA Home Improvements, Inc. custom accessory package which includes Steel Starter Strips, 3/4" J channels around all windows, doors, final course of siding and up the gable ends.
- Install finish trim on the final course and under all window sills.
- Install 3-1/2" corner posts.
- Install premium 1/2" insulation or Home wrap if ordered by the homeowner.
- Install vinyl siding.
- Furnish and install louvers & shutters.
- Cap all wood corner posts, rake, fascia, freeze and gutter boards in vinyl coated.
- Cap porch header and soffit porch ceiling.
- Cap all windows and doors in vinyl coated aluminum.
- Replicate original dimension on window and door brick molds as closely as possible.
- Check overhang for proper air intake to ventilate the roof.
- Install perforated soffit on all overhangs.
- Caulk and seal with O.S.I. Quad Advanced Formula Sealant.
- Clean up and haul away all job related debris.