Deck Builder in Montgomery County Maryland: Helping Homeowners Bring Their Visions to Life
There are many benefits to installing a new deck in Montgomery County Maryland with the experts of NOVA Home Improvements. One of the best benefits to installing a deck is that it provides homeowners with a place to sit down and enjoy some quiet time while grabbing some fresh air.
Aside from the many benefits available to homeowners who invest in a new deck, when you team up with NOVA to get the job done, your new deck will be built to fit your budget. Building a deck doesn't have to be a costly process. In the end, the price of your new deck will depend upon your personal needs, wants, and budget.
More Benefits of Building a Deck
Whether your deck is built in the back of your home, on the side of your home, or in the front of your home, this new space will increase your home's living space. This increase in space provides ample room for entertaining guests and loved ones. Use it to host birthday parties, anniversaries, graduation parties, wedding parties, and backyard barbecues.
A deck adds to the value of a home and it increases the aesthetic appeal of the home. Most importantly, when done right, a deck is something you'll enjoy for many years to-come. It should be considered a long-term investment and one that you'll want to invest wisely in.
Custom Designed Decking Solutions
NOVA Home Improvements can build budget-friendly decking solutions or something more artistic and elaborate. Your new deck can be completely custom-designed and you're welcome to take part in the deck's featured design. Along with a simple design or a more elaborate design, we're also able to include decking features such as built-in grills, benches, and more to make this space more appealing and impressive.
High-Quality Decking Materials
All of the decking materials used to complete the construction of a new deck are of top quality. NOVA Home Improvements uses decking materials such as #1 grade pressure treated wood decking, cedar wood decking, and AZEK synthetic decking. Regardless of whether or not your deck is simple and basic or more complex and elaborate, you're guaranteed to have a newly built deck that will stand the test of time. The end result will be a durable, safe deck that you'll have countless opportunities to enjoy in the future.
As stated above, when constructed by a team of professionals such as NOVA Home Improvements, your new deck will provide you with a hefty ROI (return on investment) later. You'll enjoy the ROI if and when you decide to sell your home. By increasing the home's value with a quality, solid, beautifully built deck, you'll get back more than what you paid for to have the deck built in the first place.
Building a deck is an affordable option when you team up with the experts of NOVA. Let us help when you're ready to get started. With 25 years of experience and over 10,000 installations, we're the deck builders in Montgomery County Maryland you want on the job when you're ready to build a new deck. Contact us today for your FREE estimate to get started!
- Silver Spring,
- Chevy Chase,
- Aspen Hill,
This serves as a guide to a typical deck installation. Your project may vary depending upon the specific work contracted.
- You will receive a call from the front office to receive a start date for your project.
- NOVA Home Improvements, Inc. will pull all the permits and will be responsible for all inspections.
Homeowner responsible for HOA approval (NOVA may assist in process).
- Review project with the home owner and make any final changes.
- Demo and remove old deck or patio (if replacement project).
- Install a 2 x 10 ledger board against house and over existing siding.
- Dig post foundation holes approximately 24" and fill with 8" of concrete.
- Install 6 x 6 posts, with a 3" notch to hold the carrier beam.
- Install beveled and routed carrier beams approximately 2 feet from each edge of the deck to run parallel with the house (or where appropriate), thereby making our decks free standing and safe.
- Install 2 x 10 floor joists.
- Install 2 x 6 floor boards.
- Install 4 x 4 rail posts.
- Install 2 x 4 top and bottom railings, screwed to the 4 x 4 rail posts with 2" pickets, screwed 3-1/2" on center.
- Install 2 x 6 hand rail, beveled and routed.
- Install a 2 x 6 band board at the entire perimeter to cover unsightly showing of the ends of the decking boards.
- Install 4' wide steps with closed risers.
- Rout all edges.
- Some options as follows; railing designs, 45 degree cut corners with a sunburst railing, hot tubs sunken in the deck or sitting above deck. Optional Bench, Trellis, Free-Standing Landing, Lattice, Fence, Gates or Planters. Cedar, Trex or other composite decking available. Also available are several railing types (vinyl, trex, endurance, Dekorator). We use Grade 1 PT lumber. Green alternatives available.